An Open Letter To My Parents


Dear parents,

I know how you both loved me unconditionally, sometimes more than you ever loved each other! I grew up seeing the sacrifices you’d made for my comfort & happiness. I’ve seen how you gave up your savings to buy me that expensive toy I loved!
You made my childhood a cakewalk! I know how I always got the best out of everything whereas you hardly enjoyed your life.
Be it a dress, a mobile phone, a bike or diamond jewellery I got everything more expensive than what you had spent on yourself. I was never asked to help around the house, help dad clean the bike, or help mom in the kitchen, even when I have grown up!

You made sure I wore the expensive clothes compared to my cousins but you never taught me I should help rather than spend that money on savings/or to help the needy. You saw happiness in my smile! You lived for me! You made sure I made NO effort rather than just studying. I don't think you even know my favourite food, the movie I watch when I'm sad, or what I need to hear when I've had a bad day. You don't know the number of times I went to the doctor, You loved me to the extent of assuming that I’ll be a kid forever to your eyes and that is where you failed, for the first time.

You still paid for my higher education you chose what I had to study. Why didn’t you just let me choose what I wanted to learn?
I was dependent, I thought it was your duty to provide for me since you’d been doing that for ages. You were proud as typical Indian parents. But that was never a good thing. I lost my identity. Or I never had one? You failed here!

After completing my graduation, I didn’t end up getting a decent job! You still failed to insist to me that I should get some part-time or temporary job to support myself. You thought it’d be a HUGE prestige issue in front of your relatives. I disliked you more! But still, I lived in your house, lived off your money, eating your food, without contributing anything because I had zero self-respect, zero responsibility but only hatred towards you. You failed here!

You failed since you gave way too much. But I’d only taken. Am I going to win in my life? NO! Even I'm going to fail, in every possible. I'll never learn to be a GIVER in my relationship with my spouse for how you would spoiled me. I'll be selfish and I'll eventually ruin all my relationships. I'll never learn the joy of being independent, I'll never learn the JOY OF GIVING!

Only if you’d fed me some self-respect along with all the love, I’d had been a person with morals today! I’d NOT had the heart to send you away! Only if you’d raised me saying no job is less, I’d had worked for myself since my young age and have become one independent person today.  You made me one selfish puppet! If only you had taught me responsibility, I’d had loved you with ALL MY HEART! You should have invested good morals and self-respect in me than your hard-earned money! That money should have been in your bank account, for your future, for your retirement. You failed BIG TIME here!

With no heart,
Your child!

- Pranavi Darsi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home is a person...!!

Little Broken Inside

Dear 2:00AM Friend